West Bay weather station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay weather station

FWE site has links for weather, though here is another of a "private" weather station that posts their link on Weather Underground.

I found it to be handy to monitor the immediate vicinity for wind and rain.

At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Thanks-always liked Weather Underground-used to have Wilkens Weather at work-pay for service-was really cool with offshore forecasts for 7 days waves/wind and pretty darn accurate, but quit that place and they changed password-dangit!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I had considered getting my own weather station, but hey, if it's close enough to my area of interest, why spend the money? It's very charitable that this individual choses to share.
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I'm a walking weather station! Magnificent Prognostications
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I was actually thinking about putting up a bay cam on the house. Not sure how to set it all up, but I thought it would be cool. What do you think?
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I have cams that I monitor remotely.

You can get a DVR that's web ready, say from overstock.com for a couple hundred bucks. The trick is how the IP adressing is set up. Also the DVR's resolution is sometimes not the greatest.

What's cool is that most outdoor cams have infra-red (to 20-30 feet) and I've seen a racoon or two as a result.

Attached is a picture from a few minutes ago, from my place.
            Attached Files

Comment

Cool thanks for the site...
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hey Kenny, what do you think the trout will be like under the lights in Titlum-Tatlum on Friday night?
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thanks for the link.With my little boat i need all the weather info i can get.

Comment

Working...
                  X