• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/30 Afternoon Report

Conditions:
    Wind: SW 10-15
    Pressure - over 30
    Sunny like the morning
    Water temp - 70.5 (YES!!!!! Time to take off the waders, just kidding, but it was nice to see 70.)
    Water - chocolate with a mix of clear

Hit the same cove as this morning and this time there was lots of bait moving, but I only managed a 15" trout, 19" red and a flounder that was smaller then my tail I was throwing.

My question is..... where there is bait there should be fish right??? So, why did I catch the fatties this morning with no bait and a few small fish with bait present? Go figure, but at least it was a nice day and quite on the water!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Mike......where was the call????? i was off at 2:30 today !
    i am self employed so give me a call! lots of bait does not always mean lots of fish!!!
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Glenn, sorry dude, it was a last minute thing. What to try it tomorrow? If so, call me I might be able to get out again.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Just because you didn't see the bait this morning when you were in the cove, doesn't mean they weren't there. With cooler water temps in the morning, the bait may have been present, but staying submerged under the water where you could never see them. And with the water warming up this afternoon with the adequate amount of sunshine, you saw plenty of bait up near the service.

Maybe i'm full of it...but just a theory.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I think you are right! It just makes it hard and I did read a good article from Mike McBride about fishing areas you know there is fish, so that is what I did!

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
          Just because you didn't see the bait this morning when you were in the cove, doesn't mean they weren't there. With cooler water temps in the morning, the bait may have been present, but staying submerged under the water where you could never see them. And with the water warming up this afternoon with the adequate amount of sunshine, you saw plenty of bait up near the service.

Maybe i'm full of it...but just a theory.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

thanks
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
            X