West Bay 4/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 4/3

I'm a little late, but here it is. Fished Saturday with Rick Rarick and his buddy Steve. We hit the water early, knowing that the trout bite had been shutting down right after sunrise. I eased the boat into an area that has been holding some very nice trout. Each of the three of us got a blow up, two fish were hooked, and one made it to the boat. By far, the best blow up was Rick's, The fished tried to completely remove a black/chartreuse she dog from existence. to make it even better she was within ten feet of the boat and the sun wasn't really up yet. Needless to say, we didn't get this one, but it certainly got everyone's attention. The one that did make it to the boat was about 3 pounds. We hit another trout haunt and had only one blow, then a 3rd spot with nothing at all.

Shift gears, to find a few fish with less spots. It's amazing how many boats come out on the holiday weekends, and even more amazing how few of them find fish. Found one open stretch of water on a crowded shoreline that I knew was holidng reds. As we were trolling our way to the shoreline, Rick hooked and missed 3 reds. Within 30 minutes of us getting out of the boat, all the other 5 boats bailed out. we ended up wading there for about two hours, hooking and missing several more reds. Rick finally nailed one that was really nice at 26.5. We hit a few more spots and dodged a few more top notch boaters.

In the final spot we found a bunch of reds, and a few small trout. We ended the day with 5 keeper reds of at least 15 that we landed, one trout from the morning. Reds were caught on Norton Bull minnow and Bass Assassins.
    Attached Files
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Nice report Capt Steve......Way to put them on some fish!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice report capt.steve!! i need to go with u sometimes

Comment

great report steve!! im with ryan, we need to go with you sometime lol

Comment

Nice report, thanks Steve.
          Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

Nice pics
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Very nice captain steve!!
              It was good to meet you at the meeting
              I enjoyed meeting you
              Captain Glenn Stevens
              Coastal Guide Service
              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Very nice captain steve!!
                It was good to meet you at the meeting
                I enjoyed talking with you
                Captain Glenn Stevens
                Coastal Guide Service
                www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Great pic's Capt. Steve. Pretty Reds.

Comment

Nice

Comment

thanks
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X