Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• san luis pass fishing trip report

REPORT FOR SUNDAY
    Well, we got there before sunrise. The surf on the sewall was glass, but down at the pass it had it bit of a roll to it so we decided to go ahead to the back and wade out to the boat gut. Covered about a mile and a half with four bites. Not much bait in the water which was off color. Only a foot visibility. Got done wading and decided to sling the surf rods so we went to the point next to the bridge and still no bites. We did see two other guys dam near lose their surf rig due to not paying attention when a fish hit them. Needless to say they didnt land em.. Also .... the sand is VERY bad down there.... one guy was parked under the bridge and didnt move his truck when the tide came in. his rear end bogged completely down. watch for several hours truck after truck trying to pull them out. Even 4x4's couldnt do it!!!!!!! wound up paying a tow truck 250 to hall em out. many others where stuck as well, but my trusty ford taurus didnt let me down. lol. that was my first trip!!!!!! hope u fellas do better than i did.
    if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

thanks 4 the report
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

hey man

you forgot i caught a sheepshead and a small drum. lets go again this weekend keep going till we find them.

Comment

Thanks for the report.Better catching next time
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Took the boat to SLP that same weekend and limited out on black drum and caught alot of sheepsheads. Caught a few brat reds and slot reds too. i hit up bird island around 6 am and had alot of luck until around 2pm then it was dead so moved around and hit a hole there near the bridge near on the gulf side hoping for a bully but kept catching blake drum.
          Going again saturday i hear the reel busters are running. can't wait wish me luck

Comment

Good luck and thanks for the reports.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
            X