4/11/10 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/11/10 report

West Bay still coughing up some good fish but the numbers are slightly down under windy conditions. We have been finding some good Reds in the coves in 2 to 3' of water. Most have came on topwaters around grass/mud bottoms the last few days. Mainly in the very back of the coves. Chartruese/pearl She Dogs and bone Super Spook jrs have worked for me. We have been catching a few Trout in the Coves but my best Trout bite has been over shell in 3 to 4' of water on big bone Super Spooks or plum Assassins. Keying in on bait or slicks has been the ticket. Last week Michelle nailed a nice 24" Trout while wading with me in one of the coves on a plum Assassin. Today my guys only boxed about 10 fish but they were all solid Trout. 8 of the Trout were in the 22 to 23" range and all caught on plum Assassins over shell. The bite was over by 8am. The rest of the days was tough! Water was in good shape but the bite just wasn't there. Yesterdays topwater bite started off good but quickly shut down with all the thunder boomers comming in from the south. Had to call it an early one yesterday.... Pimp don't like lightning

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

thanks for the report pimp!
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Ain't nothing like lightning to make you remember fishin' just ain't that important.......good call capt'n....
      " What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak minded ."
      Captain Augustus McCrae

Comment

Great report........You are right about that trout bite we got out after 8am today not one single trout in the boat. We did catch reds and flounder.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice report We had to call it a day with all the rain yesterday also. Lightning don't bother me untill my line starts floating in the air.

Comment

And a sizzling rod

AQUA PIMP
            AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks for the report. You are the man, because it does not look like there were many fish caught this weekend in West.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks AP. Yep, the weathermen were dead on-they said sunny/partly cloudy for saturday-it was a hard rain at my house with nice lightning all over!!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report Capt.!

Comment

Nice report.solid fish sounds like
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

nice report
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I was wondering how much you would charge me Pimp to fish with me and Sneeky in his boat? Good report by the wasy!
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Call me and lets talk about it....... 409-939-1684

AQUA PIMP
                          AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                            I was wondering how much you would charge me Pimp to fish with me and Sneeky in his boat? Good report by the wasy!

me too.

thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice report AP. I would take that catch over limits of small fish any day. Those reds have been fun when the trout bite is slow.

Comment

Working...
                              X