Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/10-4/11 Report

4/10

Clark08 and myself went out in the nasty, stormy, windy weather and put a beat down on the upper slot reds. Fishing in chocolate colored water, the reds were in a strong feed before the storm blew in. We were in our secret, super duper, redfish hole west of the causeway when we picked up these fish. Limetreuse and plum plastics were the baits of choice. Just because the water looks like ****, don't be afraid to fish if the bait is there. The fish are still gonna feed in it regardless.

4/11

Had some buddies come down from school...yankees that had never caught any saltwater fish before. One of them caught his first ever slam and the other caught his first ever trout and red. We ended the day with a decent stringer...4 reds to 27", 4 trout to 17", and 2 flounder to 20". Same plastics as the day before, same water conditions...blah blah...west of the causeway...go find it internet scouters.

First pic is of 4/10, second is of 4/11.

JT...your place is starting to shape up.

Here's a little thing i was reminded of this weekend. Most people that run our bays are boat operators first...fishermen second. Some couldn't catch a fish in a barrel full of em i think. More on this later..........
    Attached Files
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Great report and nice stringers!

Comment

nice stringer

Comment

Thanks for the report! Nice fish.
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
        X