4/17/10 westbay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/17/10 westbay

hit the water alittle after daylight for an all day wade solo today. got to my spot just after the sun showed itself and tried topwater with no luck so i switched to a subwalk. couple casts later i got a good hit but no hookup. 2 casts later i landed a hardhead haha. first hardhead ive caught on a lure. wasnt even a gafftop lol. fished with that for a while with a couple more hits but nothing so i switched to a plastic. i caught a 21" red about 15 min later and then after i strung it i went to cast and i caught the floater on my stringer haha. had to go switch reels at the kayak after that. it looked like an eagles nest not a birds nest. switched reels and colors and went back out to catch only 1 keeper trout and lost alot of fish comming unbuttoned but better than breaking off like last week. i lost 2 big flounder right at the net unfortanutly or i wouldve had a slam.took a break and met up with a buddy and went back out around 3 30. fished until dark with only 2 trout and i throwback trout and other lost fish. my reel started to crap out on me so it was harder to fish. all in all it was a good day to be on the water but only 3 trout to 21" and 1 21" redfish.

ill post pics later when i clean them.

tight lines,
    taylor

good job
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Way to grind it out, better then we did yesterday. Nothing at all, not even a bit! Thanks for the report.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

WTG.....Nice report!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Way to hang in and stay after them! That is determination at its best!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

good report thanks!
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice catch
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good report-thanks.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice

Comment

Way to go! Keep chasin em....

Comment

Working...
                    X