4/20 morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/20 morning

Had a great plan for this am......but didn't think the tide would go out 2' last night and not leave us any water in the spots that we wanted to fish, but we stuck with the plan anyway.
    Chris and I went out in search of some reds. We hit the fist spot before sunup and threw tops in the dark with a few short strikes and when the sun came up we finally started hooking up on rat reds. We also lost a few that were in the slot. Hit the second spot and didn't get a single bite. We ran into Karank and couldn't stay on plane to get into the lake so we had to troll in. No bait there, but we made a few drifts with nothing to show for it.
    Ran down to Meacom's and made a few drifts, but couldn't get bit there either so we called it a day.
    Chris did catch a nice Mullet (in the mouth) with a TTF baby ray and I caught a trout on a cork with my corky, so at least we had some action and made it an interesting day.
    i will post up the pic of the mullet when I get it downloaded.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Glad you guys got on a few -- beats a skunk!! Why is it Chris always seems to catch the weird stuff?
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

If it can swim i can catch it.....lol.....even if it's suppose to eat grass or seeweed ....lol
      Last edited by reeltime; April 20, 2010, 09:49 PM.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Hey Chip,

One fish this evening in your rat red spot .. Tons of bait, just not much there
        Capt. Thomas Barlow
        281-827-6815
        www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Thanks for the report Chip!
          "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Originally posted by Texxan1 View Post
            Hey Chip,

One fish this evening in your rat red spot .. Tons of bait, just not much there
            I figured you would hammer them Thomas......Next time I'll be ready to go!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Better than a day in the office!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

X2 on that!

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                Better than a day in the office!
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

What??????the hamma ??? say it aint so......
                  i know where there at Chip
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

thanks for the report
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

nice report.better catching next time
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report Chipster. Keep grinding. It's just a matter of time, and quit throwing those darn topwaters all the time!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MELL WADER View Post
                          Nice report Chipster. Keep grinding. It's just a matter of time, and quit throwing those darn topwaters all the time!!!!
                          Suprisingly, I did mix it up a little. I threw catch 2000, corky and TTF big minnow also. Probably only threw the top 60% of the time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Should have taken me out there I would have had my pint of shrimp and limit while y'all were wading

I love lazy man fishing
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                              Should have taken me out there I would have had my pint of shrimp and limit while y'all were wading

I love lazy man fishing
                              That is all you Coe. I fish for the fun and stress release. I live for seeing that big blowup!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X