4-20 west end surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice trout, that woulda made my day.

Sounds like those jacks were hell on topwaters.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice pics and report........looks like the trout are " here " in the surf......will get better over the next 2-3 weeks for sure ! Congrats !
      " What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak minded ."
      Captain Augustus McCrae

Comment

my buddy went down today...... he killed em... was in tha surf at daybreak and limited out on trout and was on his way home at 10 am.......... one around 27'' and all the others were 18-23. dam i knew i should freakin went again.......lol... o well....

yeah my buddies where doggin me on the gafftop. he said he never caught bull hard heads b4 and kept em.... lol.... seriously though, gafftop are some good eatin... never grilled em only fried em.
        if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

Nice catch keep all the slimers you can so I dont have to catch them. LoL Nice spec its always fun to catch big reds and jacks aswell.

Comment

lol.... dont knock the bull hard heads til you've tried em

Comment

sweet
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice Trout! Way to go.

Comment

Good going on catchin dinner... I can't stand the slimmy bastads myself... But if it works for you good deal... Two thumbs up homeboy...
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report, especially about what's going on in the surf. I'd rather be in the surf than any where when it's fishable. I caught a 5# gafftop several years ago and tried to clean the nasty thing because I heard they were good to eat and never had tried one. It was such a slimy , gooey mess trying to clean that thing, I just put it in the garbage. It had a mess of purple, round bigger than marble things inside I took for eggs, wierd looking. But, that excellant trout would have made my day. Congratulations.!!
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I keep hearing the surf is turning on, but nada so far. This wind is killing the bay.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

yeah.... they r some slimers but are worth the trouble after drivin down there from spring.lol... the speck was 26 and 3/4 to be exact.... didnt weigh it... couldnt find my scale..dammit

Comment

Working...
                        X