Blown out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown out

West bay is blown out. Tried to go out this afternoon with my dad because he hasn't been out in awhile. I thought we would be able to find some fishable water back in the coves but that was mud too. Winds seemed to be out of the WNW @15-20.

man you should have brought him up here for snake fishing
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

west winds are the worst.
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post

X2

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
          Especially when you had 40 mph winds with gusts to 70 mph from another direction during the night.......
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I heard about those winds. I slept right through them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
              Especially when you had 40 mph winds with gusts to 70 mph from another direction during the night.......
              gusts up to 70? i heard them thru the night and figured they were for sure in the 40s but i had no idea. where do you find that info? i was curious how high they got but didn't know where to look.
              michelle

Comment

the highest wind we recorded here was 52 MPH at 1:40 a. Which is strong gale force winds.

sb:>

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
                  gusts up to 70? i heard them thru the night and figured they were for sure in the 40s but i had no idea. where do you find that info? i was curious how high they got but didn't know where to look.
                  michelle
                  Ok I exaggerated. It was only 69 mph.
                  Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Dang, that is a significant difference with what our gauge recorded. Need to look into seeing what it takes to get it calibrated. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, where is this gauge? I couldnt get there and look at all of its factoids.

sb:>
                    Last edited by small bites; April 24, 2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Man I had no idea the wind was that high... GEEZ
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

enough wind to blow over a full beer in Sea Isle

Comment

Two beers, a trash can and moved my patio set all over the deck.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

One of the JB VFD guys told me they registered a 72mph gust at City Hall.

I saw TTU wader go out and then come back in about 30 minutes so I knew it was bad out there.
                            Honk if you love Jesus.
                            Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

It knocked out a lot of electricity in Gilchrist Friday night.
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X