4/24/10 westbay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/24/10 westbay

well i guess i had a bad enough itch to fish in this crap today. pulled up to the walk in spot before daylight and the storm hit and looked like surfing waves out there. watched a couple of guys walk out and try to fish and then drove around looking for fishable water but nothing. nothing from the causway to san luis pass that looked decent. decided to man up and hit the water around 9 30 and came back with 1 24" red and 1 hookup and that was it at that spot until i ran into michelle and hell on reels, then michelle caught a big slimer and a huge croaker!! went to another spot and fishing from 5 till dark only getting 1 25" red, 2 throwback trout and a throwback flounder. i hate west wind and north wind!!! not too sure on where they got the saying "west is the best and east is the least" but they are so wrong. oh well back at it tuesday morning and next weekend. the 24" weighed 5 1/2 and the other weighed 6#
    Attached Files

The gafftop seem to be out in force! I was drifting for reds and picked up about 5 gaffers on one drift, each one bigger than the last.

Comment

Nice job, way to grind it out.

Comment

Good job...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice Fish!

Comment

very nice
            Captain Glenn Stevens
            Coastal Guide Service
            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

good job
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice job man. I hit the flats today by kemah and didint catch any but my cousin caught two cow nose stingray's pushing 10lb's or more so that was exciting.

Comment

Nice reds on a bad wind day.
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Very nice, considering the conditions. Just shows you that fishermen/women don't like wind, fish don't care. By the way, whoever said West is best has not fished West bay.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

solid fish

Comment

Working...
                      X