Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-23/4-24

Friday:
    We headed out of 2004 ramp with a strong SW wind. We stopped at various places in chocolate (sulphur ditch,warton camp,narrows,new bayou etc) just to name a few. As you can imagine the water was pretty tore up. We left chocolate and headed to the south shoreline to find slicks, slicks and more slicks. Now if you are a slimmer fan that’s where you need to be and if you can’t catch them put on a corky the love them. We headed down to fish various coves with little success. Lots of bait, no real fish to speak of. All fish released to fight again.

Saturday:
    We decided to go ahead and fish the Lutes tourney Friday night. So we got up early and headed out. Wind was NW at Gail force. We headed out of chocolate for obvious reasons and sought shelter in a back lake off ICW. We were fishing scattered mud and shell in about 2 feet of water. Water look terrible but we caught a 20.5 trout. Moved over to a ditch mouth and picked up 3 flounder and a red. Next we moved into Bastrop. We managed a few more small flounder and reds. We did manage one keeper there. We ended the day with 3 flounder 2 reds and 1 trout. That was good enough for our youngest (Nick) to take 1st for largest trout closest to 21. The only girl on the boat (Melissa) to take second in flounder weighing in 2 fatties and My buddy (Mike) to take fourth with a 4.2lbs red. Mike also won the door prize for flounder. So now you ask, what did you contribute.... well I caught all the small fish and I drove the boat.

So all in all we had a great weekend. We got to drink lots of beer and fish what could be better.
    Last edited by Night Trout; April 27, 2010, 07:48 AM.

Nice going!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice

Comment

Nice going out there, thanks for the report.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice work, on congrats to the people that placed in the tourney in some bad conditions.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

It was a tough day. Can't wait until the next one..........

Comment

Good job on 2nd and 4th and without a captain it couldn't happen... Thanks for sharing...
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Don't forget first in trout division

Comment

Working...
                X