Redfish Action Fri and Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redfish Action Fri and Sat

Went back out Friday afternoon around 4:30 with Mark and Lara. Went back to the same spot I picked up the morning red. This time throwing shrimp. Messed around for maybe thirty minutes with nothing happening. Moved to a different spot about a hundred yards further and on first casts Mark and I had a double hookup on reds about 22" to 23". We stayed on that size fish pretty much till dark catching around twenty, losing a few here and there, and really only having maybe five that were under 20". Great day on the water. Only one spec caught.

Next day same spot...maybe noonish. Fish had moved. Moved around the cove looking for that large pod with no luck. Moved to another small cove and found another pod but this one pretty much held nothing but 15" reds. Mark put one keeper in the boat as well as a flounder. We could have caught these small reds all day but decided to look for the larger pod. Moved around a bit and finally saw that pod chasing bait up to the shoreline and then ripping into them. They were moving real fast and we did not have a trolling motor so we had to guess where they would chase the bait and try and meet them there. Was frustrating but a blast as we could see them working right at us then blank...they would leave the bait alone and ten minutes later we would see them chasing bait seventy yards off. Water was six feet so too deep to wade. Kept moving around. Saw Jerry heading into the cove as we were leaving so don't know if he found them...have to wait on his post.

All in all we caught more than fifty fish with many being in that 22-23" range so fantastic couple outings on the water.

On another note...I had Chuck from Charlie's Custom Rods put together a small little rod for my wife. I grabbed it and nailed a red that was 23" on that little sucker and it was a kick in the pants! Had to fight that booger around the boat a couple of times. Awesome fun...
    sigpic

Great report! Thanks!
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

sweet
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Good job...!!!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

great postin
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Potlicker!!! Yep, just as you all left, I hung a fat 23.5" trout, then caught 2 reds, 2 more trout and lost 3. Ya shoulda stayed!! Those idjits that came in on us also moved again and pulled almost right in on me-they hooped and hollered like it was x-mas when they caught a keeper red-acted like it was a first or a Tourney winner-kinda like that yankee bass fisherman on tv.

Hey Orville the Otter was swimming in my barrel Sunday afternoon-Mark got a picture of him diving for bait.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Cool. Did you see that big pod ripping bait come there again?
              sigpic

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Nope, not really, but I was by meself, so only working two spots and about 20 yards apart and in different depths.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Very nice,congrats
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like a good couple of outings...thanks for the report. The reds are in that area pretty thick sounds like.
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
                      X