Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday night I decided to hit it Friday am in spite of the consistant 20 knot wind that has been blowing for a week, besides the forecast was for 12-15 from the southeast....Left the doc around 6:30, overcast and winds around 20 plus, the middle of west bay was tore up but the south shoreline had good clarity and lots of bait. The water was probably 2-3ft higher than normal.

We fished from 7:30 to about 1:30, 2 spots. 7 trout from 17 to 24, all fat, fiesty and hungry. We had a few misses, but not many. 2 on chrome/black spook jr., 1 on pearl/ch she dog, 2 on plum/ch assas., 1 on morning glory assas., and 1 on calcuseu/brew paddle tail. The 7 fish were healthy, stringer was easily over 20lbs with the 24 incher a little over 6lbs.

Action was all through the morning, not fast and furious but enough to keep you interested, with slicks popping up all morning. They hammered the tops and barely picked up the plastics. It was one of those days you could cast 60+yds with the wind and maybe 15 or 20 against it. When the sun would sneak through the clouds they would start hitting tops(flash) when the clouds blocked it out we would go back to plastic...7 fish fed 2 families with some left overs for breakfast. I was headed back today but now I'm sitting here watching it rain. Creedence to fish when you can!
    Attached Files

Nice trip!!

Comment

Not bad. Thanks for the report.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

Great report.....Thanks,
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report. I'm going to follow your lead in a few hours (Sunday morning).
            If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

Thanks for the very fine detailed report with picture...much appreciated and congratulations and the successful outing !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenTide View Post
                Nice report. I'm going to follow your lead in a few hours (Sunday morning).
                Good luck and give up a report good or bad. Good to see you again at the crawfish boil, David.
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice stringer... Thanks for sharing your story...
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

"Creedence to fish when you can!"
                    Great job despite the weather.
                    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice reort and great catching.

Comment

Nice job Ben. Good to hear that someone is catching trout. Been catching reds lately, and I'm ready for a break and some top water trout action. SLP, here I come. beach and the pass were green today when I was down there.
                        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
                        X