Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing With Captain Greg

5/16

Me and my dad booked a trip with Captain Greg (aqua pimp) today for west bay and had a blast! Got to the first spot early. Bait jumping everywhere, trout crashing the surface....it was total mayhem. We stuck a total of I think 5 keeper trout to 22 inches and a slot red, all on tops. The pimp lost a 4lber and had on a NICE trout, probably 25-26 that fell off right when he got it in close. We missed a lot of fish. Lots of blowups and then lots of hookups that pulled free. After the first stop, the tide movement was pretty much over which made the next couple spots a bit of a grind. We caught quite a few throwbacks though and of course the day wouldn't have been complete without me catching a gafftop. We picked up a few more and ended the day with 9-10 trout and the red.

Water was a little sandy but clearing.

It was a pleasure to fish with you Capt. Greg. We learned some new water and some great spots to hit. Lots of good information. And cool stories. We'd definitely book you again
    Last edited by XtremeAngler; May 16, 2010, 11:28 PM.
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Congrats on your catch.
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

WTG Guys!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

What an awesome morning out! I couldn't tell you the last time I got to cut across the bay in smooth arse conditions like that . it was very nice to finally meet you and your dad. That was a fun trip for sure and look forward to fishing with ya'll again.

There are some really good Trout being caught at the pass right now. Bone Super Spook Jrs, char/pearl She Dogs, and something with chrome on it has been working pretty well lately. most of the fish have been comming working topwaters near the edges of the guts. Keying in on very nervous bait and diving birds.

Chocolate was a little slow yesterday once the tide went slack. It was a little off colored early but was clear very fast under light winds.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice work guys
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

sweet! way to go pimp.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Great trip report. Sounds like a great weekend of fishing.

Comment

Great report and catching, too.

Comment

Nice report son. It was a great day to be on the water. Capt. Greg was very informative and I would highly recommend him.

Comment

AP strikes again. Nice going and thanks for the report.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                      X