Galveston Debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Debut

We came in from calcasieu with 42 trout. Not a great day but still awesome. Got there too late to fish, but planned on wading the surf Friday morning. Wound up over sleeping and did get on the water until about 10:00 am. Waded around bay harbor and nothing. Went to caranchua reef and nothing. Got on some birds and caught a couple of dinks and wound up with three nice sand trout. Saturday morning didn't over sleep and made it to the surf and had a 20" and 21" trout on red and white bass assassins and had to leave by 8:30. We lost 4 or 5 more. Saturday afternoon we went into east bay and fished a couple of hours before the storm and got two 21" before we headed home. All in all it was a great trip. Thanks for all the kind info, and I look forward to this forum and making it back to Galveston.

Not bad for never fishing here before!

Comment

Sounds like a productive scouting trip.....Thanks for the report!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I'm glad you got some fish and had some fun. Shoot, I fished hard longer than you did and only had a few whiting. You did well !!
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

nice job
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X