West Bay 5-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 5-30

Went out about 9am and threw plenty of tops, diff colors of tops and plastics. So many I can't recall but all the favorites. In the beginning I could not buy a bite and neither could the other 8 boats around me on the north shoreline mid bay (West Bay). The wind was light (5mph) water color was good and we were keying into shell structure and drop offs.

Despite many short strikes and multiple blow ups on glass minnows on the water my dad and I were fish-less after a couple of hours. I have to tell you I saw more glass minnows than I have in YEARS this weekend. Definitely a good sign and it kept the fish localized.

Around 11 we could not stand it anymore so we made a hot lap to Sea Isle for shrimp. All they had were bigs and littles (jumbo table shrimp or just above whiskers and eyeballs). Upon making it back the boats were down to 4 including us. We set back up near the reef and my dad quickly hooked up with about 3.5 lb speck. When I went to net him a blacktip came out of nowhere and count to three... one- shark snapped the fish in half with so much ease that 2- my day and I gasped, the fish head popped out the water and back in and 3- the shark took the remaining head leaving nothing but his line... AMAZING!!! it happened so fast.

On to the goodies. The Jumbo's consistently caught a fish while the whiskers and eyeballs caught us... 6" trout WHAT!!! hahahaha Oh, and a few skip jacks, ect..

The end result was a great day on the water with my dad.
    Tight lines
    Joe

Always cool with Dad!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Very nice report!

Comment

Great report.....That's a pretty cooler set up!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I'm glad you caught fish. Megan and I would have starved since all we could catch were slimers!!!! Yuck!!

Comment

Nice going Joe-I had same issue-used big shrimps and pow. The little ones = nada.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Alex you know I always got your back!!! It's funny how some days you get them, some days me, some days both of us get in them. The best part is how we talk about what's been working.

Joe

Comment

Working...
              X