new member got skunked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member got skunked

Hello all, This is my first post so here goes. Went out Saturday with fellow W.E.A. member Stingray, started off late (my fault) with a muddy wade, i am a big boy so every step put me about knee deep, all i could hear over the wind was Stingray saying dont stop you will sink, hell i needed a smoke break. It was all good we did not get any solid bites at our first spot so we jumped out and grabbed breakfast. At our second spot we practiced catch and release but not by choice we hooked up but could not net a couple trout, both spit the hook while we had them within arms reach, they were both nice if i had to guess 18"or so. We threw soft plastics,top waters just about everthing except rocks.

nice report.bummer on the skunk.i hate soft mud,had bad wade behind rollover a few years ago with waders on.got kinda scarey but i made it to hard surface
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sometimes it's great just to be out there. Glad you had a good time on the water
      Joe

Comment

Welcome aboard and thanks for the report.
        fish caller

Comment

Thanks for the report and welcome
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

At least the opprotunity was there, been there done that. But at least you got out for a wade or two. Way to get at em', better luck next time out
            A Living Legend

Comment

If it makes you feel better I have not caught a single fish this year! I've felt the line tug about twice....

Comment

Way to get out there!
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

At least you were on the water, instead of working!!
                  Why put off doing something today, when you can do it again tomorrow. LIKE FISHING!!

Comment

Well that sucks about the skunk! It happens to the best of us though. We all pay our dues to the fish gods and old man salt in one way or another! That just means you got a good trip coming. Thanks for the report and welcome to a great site bro!

Comment

Originally posted by stella'sman View Post
                      Hello all, This is my first post so here goes. Went out Saturday with fellow W.E.A. member Stingray, started off late (my fault) with a muddy wade, i am a big boy so every step put me about knee deep, all i could hear over the wind was Stingray saying dont stop you will sink, hell i needed a smoke break. It was all good we did not get any solid bites at our first spot so we jumped out and grabbed breakfast. At our second spot we practiced catch and release but not by choice we hooked up but could not net a couple trout, both spit the hook while we had them within arms reach, they were both nice if i had to guess 18"or so. We threw soft plastics,top waters just about everthing except rocks.
                      Welcome Aboard, these guys are awesome, glad you finally joined WEA. Now we need to register in the tourney and scout some not so muddy spots

Comment

Thanks for the report. There will be better days, but it beats work. Welcome!

Comment

Good 1st report.Sorry you got skunked,but it sounds like you had fun anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X