Quick Wade 6/19/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Wade 6/19/10

Went to west bay early mornig, and saw lots of bait movement. Started top water and only TumTum managed a blow up. We took his cousin to try and get him his first artificial bite. Time went by and changed to soft plastic, no bites for me and newbie, so we set him up with popping cork and gulp, and in first pop, bang his cork went under but he took to long to set hook. TumTum found the bite in the edge of deep channel with soft mud and scatter shell underneath. We posted up with gulp sherk shad and got a couple of soft bites (thinking small trout since tum tum managed to take one out). Only good catch was 19 inch flounder by tum tum. Bite picked up as soon as we decided to walk out.
    Attached Files

In the picture TUMTUM cousin: AV80angler .

Welcome to FWE, and way to grind it. He has been keeping with artificials and being patient, even with oppurtunity to change to live bait, he still sticking with artis....Patience and persistence is the key, I have a feeling soon he will catch his first artificial bite. He experience some gbites today, but nothing hooked.

Comment

Nice flattie......and welcome to FWE
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        Nice flattie......and welcome to FWE
        X2
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

That evening I (and older daughter) waded out with NickB. 8 mile was very crowded and rather noisy. Many smaller trout were jumping, but not biting. We bugged out about 9:30 with no bites.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
            That evening I (and older daughter) waded out with NickB. 8 mile was very crowded and rather noisy. Many smaller trout were jumping, but not biting. We bugged out about 9:30 with no bites.

It was crowded, but on the way out we saw some guys with live bait getting hits, looked like reds, but dont know exactly what they had. they did havee a stringer with fish. We tend to go around this area more around fall and early winter....Do pretty good but need to paddle longs way

Comment

Working...
            X