SLP bayside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP bayside

took my 3 year old down to the pass on Tuesday and just fished from the bank off one of the dirt roads.. put on dead shrimp and a popping cork for him, 2nd cast is fish on.. his first fish ever, little 13-16 inch trout, reeled it in all by himself.. released him and about 3 casts later he's holdin the rod and im sittin next to him drinkin a beer, cork goes under and then almost pulls him into the water so i grab the rod and we're both fightin it.. im showin him how to let it run and keep the rod tip up and all that, 10-15 mins later we bring up a 31inch red.. very surprised considering it was middle of the day around noon and we were fishin so shallow.. there was alot of bait over there and alot of blow ups going on out about 25-40 yards from the bank (looked like some more big reds).. went back today and didnt catch anything, but same action going on as tuesday.. def. good times
    Boats and hoes.

That's how memories are made....... Grats in starting the kid early with fishing.

Comment

Way to go dude... You have a fishin buddy for life now... Two thumbs up to ya dad...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That's awesome, always like to hear about the youngins getting in on the outdoors.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

That is such a great feeling when you get your kids on 'em...good job dad
          sigpic

Comment

Now that is the way to start of a fishing life! Good going taking him out there.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Very nice,something you both will remember for a life time.WTG!
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

great job with the kiddo. i started my son of early also and he's been out fishing me ever since. we were offshore with a buddy and "Chip" ( my son) caught the biggest snapper, kingfish, and chicken dolphin all in the same day. enjoy every opportunity.

Comment

I did the same with my son 2yrs ago,he was 5,now he go's with me almost every time! Like they say,you have a partner for life.

Comment

WTG!!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice job dad!

Comment

Working...
                      X