Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Beach Info

Ok Guys,

My brother and his family have rented a house on the canal in Jamaica Beach. I think the address is 16706 Kingston Way. I want to take my boat up there and put it in the slip. I have never launched their or fished out of there. Any pointers, suggestions, maybe even a fishing spot or two. Is the ramp in Jamaica Beach acessable? I am towing a Carolina Skiff 258DLV.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
    "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
    "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

You can launch from Jamaica Beach, there's a ramp near the park there. Kenny or one of the other local can tell you what street it sits on and directions to the canal you should be in.

I've never had issues putting in there.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Ramp is easy to get to and in good shape. Looking for close spots to fish? The state park is there and so is Jumbile Cove on the other side but it has been pretty busy over there with all the dredging garbage. With a carlina skiff you can get WAY back in the state park...that's what i would do. Also right at the mouth of the bay from the canals can be some real good shark fishing at night...

and as long as you are out at night you should fish Robolo's lights...in fact, I would splash anchor next to his light to fish it!
      sigpic

Comment

if i were going during the day i would run down and fish San Luis Pass and Cold Pass...but with these winds and tide movements I would fish Laffites Cove under water lights with the trolling motor and limit out at night, great place to take the kids!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          You can launch from Jamaica Beach, there's a ramp near the park there. Kenny or one of the other local can tell you what street it sits on and directions to the canal you should be in.

I've never had issues putting in there.
          Ditto. When you come in on Bucaneer, go all the way until it dead ends and take a left. That road dead ends at the ramp.

Explore the south shore coves and you will find fish.
          Honk if you love Jesus.
          Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Thank Guys...

I am looking forward to an entire weekend of fishing West Bay. My brother has the house starting on July 29th thru August 2nd. Because of work, I can't get there till the 31st. Still enough time to relax and fish, and toss back some shiners. Supposedly the house has underwater lights at the dock, so night fishing will be a plus.

How easy is it to get to the Pass? Is the path marked? or is it brail...

Thanks for all the info..
            "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
            "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Just stay in the middle of the bay heading towards the pass and you should be fine.

Comment

Watch out for Shell Island-that's pretty much in middle of bay towards Sea Isle-about 1/4-1/2 mile west of Jam Beach. Seen quite a few newbies find it the good ole fashioned way-schreech/scratch/blurb.

Get a map and study it. Carancua reef is left of main channel and if low tide, ya may hit it also.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  Watch out for Shell Island-that's pretty much in middle of bay towards Sea Isle-about 1/4-1/2 mile west of Jam Beach. Seen quite a few newbies find it the good ole fashioned way-schreech/scratch/blurb.
                  Ahhh, isnt that a lovely site? Hahaha, definately watch out for shell island. Other than that, everyone has posted great advice. I too recommend playing in the coves.

M.M.
                  "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
                  X