West bay report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West bay report

Haven't been fishing the bay much, but decided to give it a shot this morning. Waded the south shoreline early and was able to connect with 5 trout and a Spanish mackerel on a bone ssjr. My friend likes mackerel so I went ahead and strung it along with the trout. Didn't see many slicks this morning like I usually do. All fish were caught casting into the wind and working it back. Went to the north shoreline and found a school of reds. Had 2 on but they both pulled off. After that I couldn't locate them again and it was getting pretty hott so I called it a day around 10...

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
    Haven't been fishing the bay much, but decided to give it a shot this morning. Waded the south shoreline early and was able to connect with 5 trout and a Spanish mackerel on a bone ssjr. My friend likes mackerel so I went ahead and strung it along with the trout. Didn't see many slicks this morning like I usually do. All fish were caught casting into the wind and working it back. Went to the north shoreline and found a school of reds. Had 2 on but they both pulled off. After that I couldn't locate them again and it was getting pretty hott so I called it a day around 10...
    Nice job on the trout.

Do you need me to show you how to land a red? LOL!

j/k. I need someone to show me where the trout are.
    Honk if you love Jesus.
    Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

I don't know why they are giving me so much trouble. Last summer it was easy to get a limit. I have two more days to fish before I leave for school and have no redfish to bring up. I'm skipping the trout and going straight for the reds tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
        I don't know why they are giving me so much trouble. Last summer it was easy to get a limit. I have two more days to fish before I leave for school and have no redfish to bring up. I'm skipping the trout and going straight for the reds tomorrow.
        Good catch there Alex.....too bad your fishing sabbatical from college is over!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Nice catching,congrats
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Go get em Alex!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yea, too bad its over!!!!! Now get your arse back in school! Might want to leave the new nose bling out before class starts though

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                Good catch there Alex.....too bad your fishing sabbatical from college is over!
                He's going to be having big time withdrawls.
                Honk if you love Jesus.
                Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

That is some funny stuff Greg!!!

Alex, sorry we could not hook up. Let me know if you ever want to take a break and stay with Donna and I. We need to hit it during the fall.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Great catch and good luck with your school

Comment

good luck!!!!
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks y'all, this is my last semester there...Can't believe it, it felt like just yesterday I was moving into my dorm room lol.

Comment

later Alex...i will miss your posts good luck with school!
                          Captain Glenn Stevens
                          Coastal Guide Service
                          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Alex, best of luck to you in school. Just remember, you are my enemy only on Septmeber 18, 2010. See ya!

Comment

Thanks for the report !! Good going.
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X