West report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West report

Fished West from 6:30 until 3. Water isn't all that bad except for some isolated areas that tend to get fresh under heavy rains. I had a drift day and couldn't really get on the fish that I have been on. Besides the fact that the tides were still nearly 2 foot above this morning. We did catch quite a few dinks and rats. We just couldn't get the hooks in or keep them in most of the better fish. Short bites all day.

There are big sections along the north shoreline that are dirtied up from the wind, Jones has a some big fresh water pushes around the diversion and highland bayou. Greens was a little dirty but still fishable. Catancahua, very fresh through most of the lakes. I stuck with my she dog much of the day while customers threw soft plastics, and I had blow ups off and on all day, most were misses though.

The two highlights of the day were the amount of water rushing out of the bay on the outgoing tide this afternoon!! YEAH!! The other was a small fish that looked to be a trout when it hit Alan's soft plastic, but as it came up to the surface, turned out to be about a 12 inch cobia. That is a first for me in West Bay. Alan hauled her over the side of the boat and I was digiing for my camera and she came unhooked and fell back into the water.

Overall not a great day of catching, but the weather held up good and we had bites if not fish at every stop. The south side looks pretty good and lots of areas were just covered with bait, we just couldn't get the fish going well today. Keepers anyway.

Back at it in the morning for a little fly fishing, then maybe some scouting over the weekend with the armada.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Thanks for the report Capt Steve. We found lots of small fish also and only had 4 keepers that made it to the cooler.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thx for the report Capt.Steve....time for fall fishing in my backyard!!!
      Captain Glenn Stevens
      Coastal Guide Service
      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

The birds were working for the first time this fall late Wednesday evening in a South shore cove.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

nice report,congrats on the catch
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

thanks 4 the report
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
            X