Late report Sunday 9/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late report Sunday 9/12

Sorry about the late report. I figured Chip was going to write it up but then I remembered why he wouldn't want to....We decided to head out extra early to fish some lights before we started. We both wanted to get off the water at 11 so we could watch our teams win in week 1. Anyway on to the fishing. My second cast in to the lights blows up and takes off back towards the pilings taking drag. I get her turned around and fight for a little while then pop. I switched my night fishing setup to 12# test(might need to revisit that one later). We caught quite a few undersized trout. Then Chip hooks up with a nice one and he breaks off(he had this happen a few times throughout the day). No keepers before the sun came up. Once the sun did come up David caught a 15.5" trout on top. We had quite a few more blowups and some more small trout. Then I landed a 25.5" red on top. Chip was busy fishing with a popping cork and a gulp. Yes you read that right a popping cork and Gulp!! He caught a really nice hardhead. We made a move that resulted in a couple more small trout and it was almost time to head in. We stopped by where we started. Chip was now fishing Gulp on the bottom and I was still throwing tops and caught a solid 18" trout. We made one last stop by one of my flounder spots on the way back in so I could pick up my slam. I was dragging a bulkhead and Chip casts up ahead of us and the second I said Chip you better not catch my fl..he sets the hook on my slam fish. Fun day but with no tide movment it was a little rough.

Yep......I threw the popping cork for quite a while looking for a few good reds and struck out. It would have been nice if I hadn't screwed up my 2 other rods so I would have had something to throw tops with.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

No excuses I was throwing tops with a rod that had a broken tip!!

Comment

It is all called fishing. If you saw Thomas' report they did pretty well with popping cork and gulp and you know Donna's story! Anyway, good report!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Chip using a Cork?! Must've been his evil twin....hahaha
          "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Working...
          X