Friday 9/24 late report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 9/24 late report

Friday was a half day with John and Tonya, we fished about 2 weeks ago with Tonya's father for his birthday, and today was the day to wade. Tonya had never waded before but was fired up about getting in the water and catching some fish. We started in the same cove as the day before, and had similar results. The bite wasn't constant, but more than enough to keep our attention. We caught small trout on sppok jr's all morning, with Tonya leading the charge much of the time. I think that she landed 8 or 9 one her own. Her first trip to wade or throw a topwater!!!! I had a blast watching her, and after the first one or two that we helped land she said she was doing it on her own.

I wish that I would have gotten a few pictures but I didn't. We had some great blow ups, and even caught a decent red (22 inches) but most of the fish were smaller today. Had a very interesting moment where a pretty good rain storm snuck up on us. Strangest thing though because you couldn't see it coming until it was on top of us. The clouds just didn't look like they had rain, but it rained. We waded for about 3 hours, and landed about 25 trout and a few reds.

We headed to go look for redfish on the shorelines, and it didn't take long. They were very tight to the grass, and John scored the first bite with a another red about 22 inches. He followed up about 3 casts later with a 19.

We checked one other small marsh and only saw one or two fish, catching none. They had to get back to Galveston for a convention, so we called it quits. Total for the day was about 25 trout on topwaters, 4 or 5 reds and a missed flounder or two. We kept two trout and the two 22 inch reds for them for dinner. It was a blast!! always fun teaching people to wade and catch fish on top!!

Oh yeah, if you can't pick the cove from the pic, you need to spend more time in West Bay!
    Attached Files
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Great work as always Capt.

Comment

Great report Capt Steve!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Neat report - thanks !!
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Awesome
          "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

i guess i need to spend more time in west and less in chocolate.....
            the only thing i can guess is the south shorline ??
            nice report

Comment

Another great report, Steve. Way to put your clients on the fish!
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                X