Windy West Tuesday 10/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy West Tuesday 10/6

Plan was to hit the north shoreline, but it was a tad to windy so we shot across to a south shoreline cove. Hopped in and started working the shoreline. Saw some birds working a little bit down the way and walked as fast as we could to them. There was a nice school of trout working under them Noticed my new billistix did not have the measurements on it, and we were pretty far from the boat, so we picked the one we thought was closest to 15" and used it as our measuring stick. We caught about 50-60 trout and released anything that was questionable. Got back to the boat and measured our measuring fish. 16.5" dangit. We came back with 7 keeper trout and a flounder. We would have had about 10 more keepers if we had something to measure them with but it is better safe than sorry. As we were leaving there were some slicks popping up but I had to get him back because his wife had to go to work.

Mark your rod with a 15 in mark!!

Comment

I am going to now. I figured he put the measurements on there like my other one, but they weren't. I am going to put 14" 15" 20" and 28" all on there.

Comment

I just wore out my TTF rods that have the markings and I miss them!

Comment

Nice report Jeremy, wish I could have fished with you. FYI, only keep the 20 inch plus trout
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Dang Dude, 50-60 trout....very cool.

Comment

Albert, it was probably more like 20-30
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Very nice,congrats
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                  Mike, you could be right. Jack & Coke could have played into the equation.

Comment

WTG great report good to hear the birds r starting up. My 2 billystix's r not marked give me some feedback on what you come up with

Comment

Nice work fellas

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                        No. We caught 20-30 just under the birds. Granted most of them were 13" or so, but we did catch that many specs and some throwback reds also. Albert I don't bring jack and coke on the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by TRP 150 View Post
                          WTG great report good to hear the birds r starting up. My 2 billystix's r not marked give me some feedback on what you come up with
                          I am going to do what I used to do. Measure it out on the rod and make a small dot with some of my wife's nail polish.

Comment

Nice going Jeremy!!

I use the rod Measure tape-it sticks well, costs about $2-3 at Academy. It wont stick on those rods with a dull finish (like a titanium allstar), but works fine on any rod with a shiny finish-just wipe it down with alcohol to clean, then pull off backing of tape and put it on.

On rods that it wont stick, I take some scotch tape and wrap it a little over 15, 20 and under on 28, with two wraps of tape-one above 15" for instance and one at 15 1/4", then paint liquid paper or white out on the place, let dry, remove tape and you have nice looking markers for the lengths.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Very nice Jeremy!
                              sigpic
                              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                              X