Flounder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder?

Does anyone know where i can connect with some nice flounders? Ive been trying all summer to catch one but just havent been able too? I dont want to take anyones honey hole but if someone could tell me about some good spots i would be happy to know. I want to eat me a tasty flounder :-) any help would be useful.

The mouth of any bayou or outfall on a outgoing tide . Incoming tide work up the bayou .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

BOYD'S ONE STOP..Texas city...Just kidding
      Try around the ferry landing on the bolivar side you can walk up there.Also around the North boat cut at the North Jetty you can walk up there as well. Pelican Island for a couple hundred dollars you can park and fish there.Texas city dike any where along the channel side.good luck

Comment

Are you on foot or do you have a boat?

Comment

Both. On foot and boat(but a john boat lol)

Comment

any drain from a marsh, along some flats near a change of depth OR get Muddskipper to take ya!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

the first good coldfront after the tourney and before Nov. I will take you to my spot.

Comment

Ship Channel! Work all deep guts, pilings, docks, channels its silly right now! I saw a photo today of a 27" Flounder caught in the Ship Channel!
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I have been catching flounder all over Chocolate the last few weeks. Just follow the advice from the above post. That a good spot to fish from a Jon boat. Work all the drains.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys. ill try some of those places. If any body is willing to take me out i would really appreciate it. I want to learn some spots bit i just need someone to show me the way first. I really appreciate everything...Thanks

Comment

I will be hitting it up every Sunday after the tourney until November. You are more than welcome to join me.

Comment

Ok... Just let me know where to meet u and at what time...

Comment

Sure will.

Comment

Flattys

They are starting to move...I saw 2 on the flats in 2ft of water yesterday, bounced a jig in front of them for 5 minutes they wouldn't bite...even tried to catch one with my wading net....they can haul *ss when disturbed!!

If you can find a soft spot around some sand in the front of a cove or a drain you can usually find a few this time of year....they seem to like mud...also for me a steady slow retrieve kicking up mud with a soft plastic seems to work better than jigging....good luck..

Comment

Drag a 3" Gulp shrimp at the entrance of any marsh drain on an outgoing tide and you will catch flounder.

Getting to be a really good time of year for them.
                              Honk if you love Jesus.
                              Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Working...
                              X