West Bay 10/23 & 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 10/23 & 24

Fishing was outstanding this past weekend. Waded protected water along the south shoreline of West Bay, near Sportmans Rd. Waded to a cut, water was draining into bay. I watched boat after boat try to get back to where I was, get stuck, raise engine, and blast their way back to the bay. This chased the every fish right to me. Thank you. Most hookups occurred 4-8' from the grassline. Trout hit out in the middle. All fish caught using Gulp mullet on 1/8 oz lead head. Water clarity was less than 6" but better than expected. Wind howled from the south. Once water stopped moving, the bite was off. Just as well, those flounder tore every gulp and bent most of my hooks. Most fish were thrown back, but a few fillets makes the world go round. (Don't look B. Treadway.) Sunday report same as above. Total keepers: four flounder, 21-24", two reds, 24" & 25".

Tight lines everyone.
    Attached Files
    Where ever you go, there you are.

Way to find them! Nice pics...
    sigpic

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice job of fishing, but what kind of bushes are those in the background?

Comment

nice

Comment

Nice going!! Thanks for the report.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              Nice going!! Thanks for the report.
              Robalo, What is this in your new avatar?

Comment

Scott, great catch! Good job on finding all those fish in the drains.

Comment

good report
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
                    Nice job of fishing, but what kind of bushes are those in the background?

Those are Bull Jiggy bushes... muha ha
                    Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Good report and nice stringer.
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice.
                        Honk if you love Jesus.
                        Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Very nice report ...thanks !! Thanks for the pictures . High water levels had the fish up tight to the grass . Good plan that worked out .
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                          X