weekend report 11/6 11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekend report 11/6 11/7

well i finally got to get out and fish some. saturday went solo in the morning and was greeted to birds working in the cove. took about an hour to get the first bite but it was good action after that. the wind picked up pretty and water was sandy green. walked out around 11 with 8 trout to 24 inch and a 21 inch flounder. a buddy came down and we fished from 5 to dark and finished my limit of trout.
    sunday i met up with stingray to do a short morning wade. we were going to try to leave around 10 but that turned into 1:30 pretty quick haha. getting close to the spot i caught a 20 inch trout right off the bat and thought it would be a repeat of yesterday. catching was about the same but i couldnt find any keeper sized fish. threw back a ton of border line trout and schoolies. after a while they died out so i switched colors and first 2 cast id catch one then nothing. so i kept switching colors and caught fish on the first couple of casts then nothing. after that i was switching back and forth between a corky devil and a mirrodine and caught 5 more keepers and a big flounder. we covered about 3 miles today and caught fish off and on all morning until about 1. pretty fun day but a ton of dinks. ended the day with 6 trout to 20 in and a 22 in flounder, stingray ended up with 2 trout to 18 in. the flounder was caught on a corky fatboy and ate the whole thing. i couldnt get the pliers to the hooks so i cut the line and stringered him. when we got to the truck the lure was gone and all that was sticking out was the back treble hook. it was something to see!!

tight lines,
    taylor
    Attached Files

Very nice weekend......WTG!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

good job taylor, lots of grinding for you this weekend.
      michelle

Comment

Dude you are an old salty dawg at heart......top nothch angler,
        those pics don't do that fatarse flounder justice

Comment

i couldnt get the mouth open to get a pic of the hook bearly sticking out lol

Comment

nice stringer
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

WTG

Comment

Job well done...thanks for the report !!
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X