A little late report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little late report

I fished Sunday Morning with Bob Bean and his 14 year old son Evan. Day started slow, with way to much boat traffic. We had to do a little running to find a flat that wasn't covered up with boats, yet offer some wind protection. After a little searching and a lot of poling, we found some fish to cast at. They were all up very shallow and quite spooky. We landed 3 reds and had numerous others refuse a gold spoon and soft plastic that Bob and Evan were throwing. The best red was the one in the picture that Evan caught. She was about 25 inches and ate the gold spoon. There were some great reds and a handful of very nice trout up on this particular flat. Unfortunately, none of them were very cooperative. Darn, I guess that we will have to go back and try again. Can you sense the disappointment in my words?
    Attached Files
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Nice red,congrats
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report Capt. Steve.....Thanks,
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice. Sunday was a packed day everywhere.

Comment

the fish do seem really spooky right now. better luck next time.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the update.I thought that I was the only one that had spooky fish to cast too !

Skiffstiff

Comment

Working...
              X