From East to West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From East to West

I have been out several times since I last posted a fishing report with varying levels of success. I hit several locations including areas in East Bay, West Bay, and spots as far west as Freeport. Fishing has gone from good last week to downright slow early this week even though I’ve seen good numbers of fish at every location.

I’m not sure if it’s the full moon, the wind, the pressure, the tide or some other factor but fishing has been tough as of late. Judging by what I have heard from others and reading reports it seems that others have experienced the same lack of success lately. Hopefully this front that’s going to pass through later this week triggers the fish back into feeding mode.

I’ve also noticed that tides have acted uncharacteristic as of late, which might be part of the reason for the sluggish bite. Even though there has been plenty of tidal current there hasn’t been very much vertical water movement, which has made the marsh fishing challenging. The higher water levels has scattered the fish and allowed them to roam areas where they haven’t been able to reach in a while. I saw fish in places the last few trips out where there had been little or no water the last couple of weeks

Full report and additional pictures here...

Luis hold our combined stringer...

8lbs...

Thanks for the report and pictures !! Always cool videos and pics...keep it up . You a redfish killer !!
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

great report and pics!!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Way to grind it out.

Comment

Working...
        X