Windy in West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy in West

Fished for a few hours yesterday with Reelyout there and Dpop. I had to make a slight adjustment to the trailer so it made for a good excuse to get on the water. The conditions weren't exactly good, but we gave it a shot anyway.

Started on a shoreline that Reely had smacked reds good on Saturday. The wind was blowing pretty hard but water was still holding up fair. Had several blows but they didn't want to eat the topwater. Decided to make a long run to check a flat that has been holding some good reds and trout and see what the fronts have done to them. There were a few reds up on the flat, most of which Mike and I missed. Daniel managed to land 3, I think. We couldn't see them well at all and they wouldn't stick their tails up today. We saw one trout up on the flat that was just disgusting. She spooked right as Daniel cast, and we watched her swim away. She was so big and he was so excited that I thought he was going to jump in the water and chase her down.

With the light getting even lower, we decided to check one reef on the way back to the ramp. Didn't look like much was going on, which should have been a good sign of waht was to come..... We hopped out, and cast at em for about 45 minutes. We each had a few bites, with Reely being the only one of us with the skill to land them. I missed one big bite that balled my fat boy all up, Ugh!! Reely landed two small trout, the sun got low, and we headed for home.

Nasty chop!! water was pretty decent everywhere we looked. Temps probably still hovering in the high 50's, not much bait showing on the reef we stopped on. With the water finally under 60, I will start fishing for big girls a lot more. I just couldn't bring myself to any real excitement with the fall staying so warm. Now I am ready!!! More reports of trout to come.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

great report...thanks for posting
    sigpic

Comment

nice report,thanks for sharing
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report Capt Steve!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

stay on em Capt Steve
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Good report Capt. Sounds like my fat boy was looking like yours. Did you say you were in EMB over the weekend? I did see a boat like yours poling on the south shore line.

Comment

Thanks for the report Captain Steve. I wasn't that mad at 'em to fish yesterday in that wind. I guess if you launch on the North shoreline you can find some protected water.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Thanks. I am going to try for the big girls Sunday in the wind for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
                  Good report Capt. Sounds like my fat boy was looking like yours. Did you say you were in EMB over the weekend? I did see a boat like yours poling on the south shore line.
                  Not on the weekend, was there during the week. I did see another poling skiff down there too. My boat had 3 people both days, only boat that I really paid attention to down there was a shallow sport that ran up on the flat we were fishing and idled in pretty close and got out on some reds that I was tryint to let settle down. Can't really complain, just disappointing.
                  http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
                  X