west bay tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west bay tomorrow

Was thinking about driving to west bay tomorrow to try to catch some trout...the reel report says because of the southerly winds the warmer water will be pushed back into the bays but weather.com says that the wind will be blowing close to 20 mph tomorrow...advice on whether its worth the drive from houston?

The weather liars are saying the winds will be lighter tomorrow and switching to N in the late afternoon. ARe you walking in or in a boat?
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

According to everyone I spoken with, wind doesn't matter! Check this thread:http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/sho...y-This-Morning
      I mainly fish with topwaters, so the wind affects them a bunch. Corkys, suspenders and plastics on jig heads are supposed to do fine. I wouldn't know.
      If I had the day off, I think I'd be fishing. It's up to you!
      Good luck!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I just lookeed at Sunday's weather (when I'm planning to go) and it looks about the same but colder. I'm still going.
        BTW: I'd listen to Kenny

Comment

Fish when you can. The fish don't care about the weather. They gotta eat!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
            Fish when you can. The fish don't care about the weather. They gotta eat!
            ......or fish when you can get a ride! LMAO
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I have a boat...you think the south shoreline would be best?

Comment

Its fishing not catching. If you go you got a 50/50 shot, either you will catch them or you won't. If you stay home your chance at catching them is pretty much 0. So its really up to you if its worth it or not. As far as the south shoreline being best, it could be. Or the north shoreline or no shoreline at all. Find the bait, work the area over and that will be your best bet.

Comment

Good advice from Chip and DPop. Better than Xmas shopping or fighting the holiday rush...
                  "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

x2
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Don't know if you made it to the bay, but the weather channel was way off today!!! Conditions were ice cream good. and the fish ate well..
                      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I hate work!

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                          Don't know if you made it to the bay, but the weather channel was way off today!!! Conditions were ice cream good. and the fish ate well..
                          After Wednesday evening I knew it was going to be good today...Damn! Had to work all day and had a function to attend this evening. Pre front bite is almost always good in the winter...next week is going to be good...call me sometime Steve if you want to hit the quick trip after work, I'm trying to maximize my water time between now and new years...if we leave by 4 we can be fishing around 5:15...

Majekredfish...fish when you can go...I was in great looking water Wednesday night and the wind was blowing 20+ from the SSW...like the man said...you got a 50/50 chance if you go...good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X