5-2-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-2-11

Went out to Chocolate last night, drifted the bayou caught one small red on a gulp shrimp.
    Tried fishing some of the lights no bits. The bait was thick every where i cast the bait would jump. Is there a such thing as to much bait.

Originally posted by nightfisher View Post
    Went out to Chocolate last night, drifted the bayou caught one small red on a gulp shrimp.
    Tried fishing some of the lights no bits. The bait was thick every where i cast the bait would jump. Is there a such thing as to much bait.
    Yes, menhaden are dying or about to...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Lots of bait in the bayou, and the keeper fish are FAT ... im talking 2lb 18" trout, and piggey reds that would top 7lbs that are 25"inches ..... just need to invest the time to find them, and when you do you got to make them eat.

I am amazed how far these big tourney anglers travel for fish, when the bayou is so close and big fish to be had.
      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by nightfisher View Post
        Is there a such thing as to much bait.
        I would say yes.

I have fished the bayou with little luck until dark and turned on a spot light to navigate my way back to the ramp and the bayou would come alive with massive amounts of spooked bait.

Comment

never to much bait. catch some and soak it on bottom.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
          X