Chocolate Fishing (Lutes Tournament) 5-7-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Fishing (Lutes Tournament) 5-7-2011

Today I was able to hop in a boat with castaway300 and fish the first Lutes Tournament of 2011. We gave it hell out there. In 8 hours of hot, windy fishing, I only hooked two (short red & short flounder). I will call today a skunk. However, on the other side of the boat, castaway300 put his crankbait to work. I am sure he covered a few miles of shoreline today pitching at structure and cranking away. After several hours, the crankbait found itself in the mouth of a slot red and castaway300 found what he was looking for. We continued fishing for a couple of more hours in hopes of finding a speck to turn in, but that did not happen.

At the weigh in, castaway300's redfish put him in a tie for first place. One problem, the other angler turned in his redfish first and castaway had to settle for second place. He still walked away with a nice prize.

We both had a blast and wore or butts out. We are looking forward to the next round. Hats of to Bryan (Muddskipper) and the Lutes team for hosting such a great event.

Dredges Suck!!
    Attached Files

Glad y'all had a good time & get after them with a 2nd place win.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Way to grind it out, Bouy! Sorry your half of the boat didn't produce as well as Castaway's. You'll get 'em next time!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I forgot to mention the flounder castaway300 caught put him in the top 5 in the flounder catagory and would have secured his spot in the invitational had he not hooked the redfish.

Comment

Nice report and finish.Congrats
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice going-thanks for the report Buoy.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
            X