Halls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halls

Went down to Chocolate today. The upper part of the bay held some fishable water, the lower part of the bay was kinda blown out and muddy. slipped in Halls bayou, wipped out the ole crankbait and went to work. Picked up 2 keeped reds and a rat. It didnt take long before the boat traffic ran me out of there. Ran up Chocolate bayou past Lutes lookin for some reds with the crank bait. But with no tide movement and little bait moving i had no luck.
    Home by 11
    castaway300

Wish I could have taken you up on your offer and joined you this morning.

I am glad to hear you were able to pick up a couple. Did you box'em? Red fish on the half shell?

Comment

Nice! Love fishin Halls!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Are there markers to get into Halls from Chocolate? I thought there was a channel, but you can't see it on aerial anymore? Thanks for the help, or from helping me not to get stuck!

Comment

Thanks for the report!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by Party Barge View Post
            Are there markers to get into Halls from Chocolate? I thought there was a channel, but you can't see it on aerial anymore? Thanks for the help, or from helping me not to get stuck!
            there are no markers and the narrows can be tricky at low tide. there is a deep hole in the narrows but either side is very shallow. if there is nobody fishing the narrows i just blast thru it, if somebody is there i idol thru it. and just to the the right outside of the bayou is a pvc pipe...avoid it...its not marking the channel...its marking a lower unit killer.
            hope this helps
            castaway300
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
              Man I haven't fished there in years . I used to mow lawns on Sat. morning to buy gas and food and my dad would drop us off at Hall's baitcamp . We'd spend Saturday night at the camp running trotlines ,floundering and skiing behind 16' Polarcraft with a 15 hp. on it (I think i weighed 125 at the time ). We'd call home when we got back to the baitcamp for dad to come pick us up. Crankbaits (Bomber model A ) in the winter where killer on Redfish.
              Great story! I love fishing Halls but I never fished at the baitcamp before.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
              X