Chocolate water depth question......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate water depth question......

So me and the ol man are thinking about hitting up chocolate tomorrow in the banana colored kenner, and i was curious about how close i can get to the reefs and areas "shallow" enough for a top water bite but deep enough for the banana to get into. 21' kenner with a 115 merc.....PLEASE HELP! only times ive ever been fishing in chocolate have been in a skinny water boat.
    Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
    John Wayne.

theres some spoils rite off the channel near the old windmill house that are safe
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

wheres that at???
      John Wayne.

Comment

anyone?!?
        John Wayne.

Comment

There are reefs all over that bay. The best thing to do is invest in a map and a good depth finder and go slow until you know your way around.

Comment

Chocolate Bayou was re-mapped & experts from that area consulted. Go to Academy & buy a Hot Spots map. Good luck.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Map F127 is the best one .....

lots of areas you can get into and fish, but also lots of areas you will have issues with

IMO stay on the east side between new bayou and Halls
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

good advice Mudd. always stay clear of the white PVC poles, I learned the hard way.

Comment

He doesnt have a jack plate, and we can get into 2 foot of water before dragging his lower unit. I advised him to get a trolling motor to scoot around the shallowER area's. I think that might work. We ended up getting into a foot and a half of water this morning, but couldnt find fish for the life of us.
                  John Wayne.

Comment

I found some slot reds around Alligator Head a couple weeks ago but you have to hit it early 6:00am.

Comment

goggle earth has some great images of chocolate..use the tool bar and look thru the differant dates untill you find the one from about 2009. It was taken during the winter whern the water was clear, it really shows some good stuf.
                      castaway300
                      Attached Files

Comment

The trout in Chocolate are in deeper water right now .... you can find reds along most shorlines
                        FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Working...
                        X