Chocolate Bay and Bayou 8.27.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bay and Bayou 8.27.11

My boat is fresh out of the skilled hands of FWE sponsor Bryan Evans at Evans Marine in Bacliff. I had a much needed tune-up and Bobs Machine Shop jack plate installed. I couldn't wait for today to get here so I could take the boat to Chocolate and play a little.

I invited a coworker to take along for a boat ride and do a little fishing. The boat motor and jack plate performed flawlessly. Great job Bryan! However, the fishing is another story. We left Lutes at 7:00am and headed up the bayou to see what was going on. We found some bait activity that caught our interest and my buddy managed to box a redfish right from the get go. After thirty minutes or so, we left the bayou for the bay and hit a couple of spoil reefs with no luck. We spent a good 2.5 hours in the Chocolate Bay and only hooked one tiny speck between us. I decided to start working our way back up towards the bayou as we ended the day. I stopped at channel marker 43 and proceeded to get into some fierce sand trout action . I scratched one keeper speck out of all the sand trout I caught and then we called it quits.

Today was a rough one on the water. The heat was horrible and the bite was even worse, but there is nowhere else I would have rather been.

thanks 4 the report
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Way to get out there!!!!
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

What kind of boat do you have? I thought I saw 2 guys in a boat with what looked like a FWE sticker on the windshield!
        Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

WTGOT Jason!There are day's when the

is out!
          Attached Files
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Primer View Post
            What kind of boat do you have? I thought I saw 2 guys in a boat with what looked like a FWE sticker on the windshield!
            Blue Wave 189 Classic

My FWE sticker is on the left hand bottom of my windshield. Where were you in Chocolate?

Comment

I saw a few ppl out this morning as. We were running the bayou to put the boat on the trailer.
              75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                Blue Wave 189 Classic

My FWE sticker is on the left hand bottom of my windshield. Where were you in Chocolate?
                You've got a yammy right? And A friend and I were under the bridge trying to escape the heat in my 15ft alumacraft. FWE Sticker on the bow.
                Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Brian @ Evan's Marine is the man!

Comment

nice that yall got out there.better catching next time
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Fish are deep right now and are feeding near drains and bayous on tidal changes.....in Chocolate..

Some fish are near shell with close proximity to deeper water
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

ive seen awesome looking and smelling slicks in the bayou channel the last 2 days as we were going in and out haven't fished em but they were the definition of feeding fish.
                        75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Hey at least you to took a shot....as you know i aint been in the boat in 4 weeks. But we going to change that friday...me and you are going to knock there ***** in the dirt then buddy.

Comment

buoy37, thanks for the kind words, I wish I could help on the fish like I can on boat's, but if I could I would be a pro fisherman and not a boat mechanic. Talk to Zork on here, that guy has sent me some pictures of some fish on days you would say your crazy to get out. I need to take him up on his offer to take me out sometime! Glad everything is good with the boat, it is one of the cleanest Blue Waves I have seen in the shop.
                            Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                            (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                            4340 19th St.
                            Bacliff, Texas 77518
                            http://evansmarine.net
                            http://boatwerxtx.com
                            main@boatwerxtx.com
                            281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Gilbert and i are gonna try to hit the water this weekend.
                              Kumala the Ugandan giant

Comment

Working...
                              X