my First tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my First tournament

Well i will be fishing my first tournament this coming weekend and i am looking for some advice and tactics maybe from you more experienced guys im not gonna ask for locations but will take any info you may want to give. really just some tips ofr a newbie tourney fisher.
    its the lutes tourney next Saturday BTW.
    75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Catch bigger fish than everybody else!

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2wade View Post
      What he said!

Good luck!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Keep it simple.Don't over think this.Go to the places you have confidence in and go to the baits you know will produce.Try not to fish any differently than you would any other normal day.I can emphasize one thing:Have a game plan and stick to it.If you can do some pre scouting,even better.Forget the tournament,don't think about it.Go find those fish and do it with confidence and let everything else work it's self out.Good luck and let 'em have it!
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2wade View Post
          Might work in a big fish tournament.... but Lutes does not gear their events with every catagory to big fish....

TOP 10 LIST
          1st - Have fun and don't go into it expecting to win...
          2nd - Weigh in all your fish, as you never know who broght in what, no matter waht anyone says
          3rd - Don't leave fish to find more fish (my biggest mistake, always)
          4th - Don't miss the weigh in time 3pm
          5th - read all the rules and catagories
          6th - try to fish the day prior the same time to scout an area, watch you tides and the wind
          7th - Put in and take out at the Marina, it saves you time and headachs
          8th - get to Lutes Early if you intend on buying LIVE BAIT - they now carry live bait, but who knows how fast they could sell out
          9th - make sure you have all your $h!t taken care of - license renewal, life jackets, everything works on your boat, and everyone pays to fish
          10th - Don't do something stupid, like cut corners, drink to much, or make a poor judgment call
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

it was an attempt at humor...I will be drab from now on.

Comment

X2 on what Flapper & Muddskipper wrote. Have fun & good luck.
              Today is a new day!!

Comment

no worries...I got the humor ... just pointing out Lutes is more geared to the not so serious tournament fisherman
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

we will be starting from the camp house on the bayou my buddy im fishing with owns. thanks for the tips
                  75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

i.e #10...............like staying out till 4 a.m. partying the night before, play poker at robalos, drink too much the night before or during the tournament?, spin a prop w/ no spare, swinging from rafters at a local bar joint(how do you spell a.p), cutting corners and not making sure the anchor is properly secured etc....

Just like Muddskipper said!!

Comment

What he said
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Grind it out hard. Dont give up even late in the day. Thats when it counts the most it may be just that one last fish that puts you in the money. Ask flapper and me.
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X