Chocolate Bay / Halls / Chocolate Bayou 9.2.2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bay / Halls / Chocolate Bayou 9.2.2011

Castaway300, Mrs. buoy37 and I fished for 9 solid hours and have little to show for it. We launched from Lutes at 6:45am and the first thing we noticed was how the tide was way higher than normal this morning. All low lying shorelines and fields were filled with water. The bait fish and birds had acres and acres of new wetlands to explore. It was was very hard to find any action because all the activity was on the newly flooded land.

No birds working! No slicks popping! Wind picking up! What in the hell do we do?

We ended up catching several fish today, but none of them were keeper sized. I scratched out the smallest Texas Slam possible. I called it a Midget Slam. I consisted of a speck and red around 7" each and a flounder around 10".

I consider the highlight of the day to be when castaway300 was crankin' a Chocolate Bayou shoreline for reds and had a nice flounder attack his crankbait. Who would have thunk, catching flounder with a bass bait?

We will be at it again during the Lutes tournament next Saturday. I hope the solid fish loosen up by then.

Gotta love the midget slam, dude!
    At least y'all were out there trying! Hope y'all do well at the tournament!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

thanks 4 the report
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Tough going with the water this high...good report and thanks for posting
        sigpic

Comment

Finally Downloaded Pics

Crankbait flounder!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Woda Thunk it?
            Kumala the Ugandan giant

Comment

Working...
            X