Chocolate Bayou 9.6.11 (Late Report) w/ luvs2wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou 9.6.11 (Late Report) w/ luvs2wade

I took a day of vacation so I could fish the bayou during the week. I really did not feel like fishing solo so I posted up a first come first serve invite on the main forum. Luvswade was the first member to respond. Contact was made and a 6:00am at Lutes Marina meet time was agreed on.

We met at Lutes and had the jon boat in the bayou just as the horizon lighted. This being the first time luvs2wade and I meeting eachother, we had a lot to talk about while fishing. Sam is a cool guy that I am sure I'll be fishing with again (in Christmas Bay : hint, hint).

We were lucky enough to find the bayou alive and well. There was a decent amount of bait in the water and there were fish actively eating it. We pitched plastics and "Muddskipper Specials" (gold spoons) to reds and specks all morning. Sam picked up a nice slot red and missed one hell of a speck that hurt both or feelings. How do I know it was a speck? Because it busted his lure off the line and gave victory leap showing it's 24"+ body. In between those two fish were countless specks too small to keep and several just above 15". No trophies were had, but I am sure it is safe to say I made a new friend on the bayou.

We'll have to do again this winter, Sam!
    Attached Files

Nice! Looks like y'all had fun!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
    X