Spotless Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotless Red

Went out and fished yesterday afternoon and managed to find a few fish and kept three for tonights dinner. The wind had the bay tore up around Camp Wardens Bayou, but out on the deeper reefs it was much better.

Anyways we kept a 22" red w/not spots (maybe a croaker??), 15" flounder and a 19" flounder. All the fish were caught in three feet of water over scatterd shell and mud with gulp swimming mullet, lime..

I have never seen a red with no spots or a croaker that big. I did not even notice it until I got hm. I got it in the boat measured it and it hit slot, so in the live well it went.

Tight lines..
    Attached Files
    KEEP IT WET..

Very cool red there without spots!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

In the Galveston Daily News Joe Kent fishing report, he mentions that. Cool.

From Joe Kent's report in GDN:

Joe Denke Jr. landed his second spotless red fish during the weekend while fishing at the jetties, as reported by his father, Joe Denke Sr. Also on the trip was Denke’s future son-in-law, Jarrett, who caught a 36-inch bull red to round out the catch. Not a bad day on the water.

While spotless reds have been — note I said “have been” — considered very rare, more and more are cropping up. We will address this further in a future edition of the Reel Report.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Looks like a red. But, even if it is a croaker, that is one nice fish. Thanks for sharing!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice!

Comment

How cool!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

sounds like a good idea for a catagory prize at the next tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
                sounds like a good idea for a catagory prize at the next tourney.
                dont let Mudskipper see this post...lol

Comment

FYI...

I talked with Barbarra yesterday from Lutes and she said the invitational was going to be at the end of October. She also said her son is going to hold a tournament out there in October (one of the first two weekends) and you can qualify for the invitational by placing in his tournament.

Good luck, I will be trying to let the air out of a big ole' buck the first two of October, but I will make the invitational. Hope to see you all out there.

DB
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                    She also said her son is going to hold a tournament out there in October (one of the first two weekends) and you can qualify for the invitational by placing in his tournament.
                    October the 8th
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks..
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Nice catch!!!
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X