Chocolate 10.8.11 (Lutes Tournament)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate 10.8.11 (Lutes Tournament)

Well, here is my attempt at writing a report while half-awake.

I have had a black cloud looming over me since 2010 on the days I fish the Lutes Tournament. I have been unable to land a fish that was worthy of being turned in. Hell one day, my wife and were dodging bullets while fishing the tournament.

Today, the curse was lifted. My wife (ctc) and I jumped in the boat with castaway300 to do some fishing. We had a fool proof, sure bet plan laid out. We made our way to our "guaranteed a fish, sure thing, trick up our sleeve" hot spot. Castaway and I were ready to kill it, but we quickly realized we had a problem. Corndog and reeltime beat us to the spot!!!! I am glad is was them and they were rewarded for their efforts. The early birds got the worm (or in this case, CASH!)

We said our hellos and eased on up the bayou. A few bends up we came across a small school of bait getting busted. I casted my topwater just past the bait and WHAM!!!, my first topwater fish of the year. It ended up being an 18" speck. Not a trophy trout, but big enough to place and secure a spot in the Lutes invitational tournament. The rest of the day was about as tough as it could get. Many fish were caught. None were up to TPWD standards in the size department.

We all had a nice time at the weigh-in. Several fine FWE fishermen were present. I was in the company of corndog, reeltime, castaway300, ctc, fishingrx, jocues and kid dynamite Justin.

Until next week....

buoy37

wtg!! fellas
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Wtg!
      Resident Ninja

Comment

way to represent! just to let yall know ,thats my spot!!!
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice report Jason and congrats on that winning trout!

Comment

Thanks for the report and nice topwater catch!! Hope you gave that shoreline you took me to a try...me and a buddy smoked em on tops there last week!!! Wish the engine was working or I woulda been down there... should be done by this tuesday cant wait to get a line wet owe ya a trip or three.

And grats Reeltime and Corndog. Way to represent FWE! Reeltime's a beast with that silver spoon!
            I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Working...
            X