Chocolate 10-29-11 a.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate 10-29-11 a.m.

Well, I decided not to fish the tournament this morning, because I had a guy on my boat that was not qualified. He really wanted to go, so I decided to take him instead. I hope it was a great turn out and everyone did well.

As for me personally I did ok today. I caught a lot of fish, but most were on the small side. Managed to box 5 trout to 18", 1 - 21" red, and 4 flounder to 19".

Found most of the fish under the birds this morning. At least under the birds that I could get to commit. I had a great group at one point and in two cast a 18" and a 17" fell victim. Next cast (3rd) was right on the money, looked down to adjust my troliing motor and the rod was amost taken out of my hand. Looked up and yep, you guessed it, a SEAGULL. It was tangled around him, after five minutes of trying to get him in and every seagull in the bay coming to see what was going on, he was released unharmed. He was a fightler though, he drew blood a few times... After that I could not find the school anymore. We picked up and moved on, and finished up around 11:00 p.m. with a few fish for dinner.

As for my fishing partner it was one of those days for him. We have all had them. He caught three undersized fish all day and only had a few hits. Dunno... Going to see if I can get him on some fish.

Going to go try again in the morning. Looking for some big specs..

Good luck to everyone,

DB

Corky and gulp lures
    Attached Files
    KEEP IT WET..

You probably would have place in the tourney. Nice report!!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Great job and back home for lunch.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

That's a nice mess of fish, thanks for the report.

Comment

Good looking stringer !

Comment

Good on you for taking your buddy out. He'll have his day. Just wasn't yesterday.
            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Great Job!!

Comment

Working...
              X