Just amazed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just amazed today

Me and my buddie left 2004 bridge and ran on out toward halls, did some wading nothing... So we headed to the infamous new bayou that has been overfished badly and caught nothing... went up into a close cut and caught a 18inch red then left.... waded new bayou point which is not really there anymore after IKE caught nothing... Ran all the way out to the intercostal caught nothing... headed back towards near halls caught nothing... I AM SO AMAZED the water was crystal clear such a nice day... i mean we fished from 7am-5pm hard.

anyone else had this happen? or close to it (bad luck)

It was a tough weekend for fishing West Bay. I went out 3 times and caught exactly 4 trout & 1 big arse mackerel all weekend!

BTW When fishing is slow like this, I like to refer to it as "a transitional period". LOL
    Really though, I think the fish are still not exactly in their winter pattern.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
      BTW When fishing is slow like this, I like to refer to it as "a transitional period". LOL
      Yep! That says it all! It was tough yesterday. I was delighted to have caught anything!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Were you seeing anything that made you think fish would be eating there?

Comment

I had an ok weekend of fishing out there.
          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Sat. was a early tough bite after the sun came up ..... but the bite turned on in Chocolate around 2:30 right when we had to come in....

Pho Cowboy and his boat spanked them Sunday in Chocolate on live bait from Lutes Marine ..... I think they had over 20 on the boax and was releasing trout under 17" ....
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Sonny and I did decent yesterday.

Comment

I think Lutes has some kind of set-up like Boyds... you know.. that "Thank you Capt. Mickey for the Super-Oxygenated, peanut butter filled, Gulp Juice marinated, I have the best scratchy radio voice" live shrimp at the marina. They were hitting tops and tails early and then we started potlickin. We just followed the birds like everyone else. Water over near Halls and NB was way too clear so we puttered around looking for the dirty stuff and did better in that. Beautiful weather.
                "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

I cheated a little. I like fishing the points 43rd 44th etc for those nice 16-18" deep fryer trout. Saturday was tough though.Fished a couple hrs and I caught was a small 10" sandie....Desperate for the bite i cut that sucker up and tipped my lure and bang! No specks but in 1 hr i had 15 10"-13" sandies in the box! Thats good eating.

Comment

1. Always remember nervus bait means feeding fish...
                    2. Care free bait casually swimming around means no feeding fish...
                    3. If you dont see any bait period that means throw everything you have really fast because the fish have ate all the bait and you're late...
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                      It was a tough weekend for fishing West Bay. I went out 3 times and caught exactly 4 trout & 1 big arse mackerel all weekend!

Really though, I think the fish are still not exactly in their winter pattern.
                      Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                      1. Always remember nervus bait means feeding fish...
                      2. Care free bait casually swimming around means no feeding fish...
                      3. If you dont see any bait period that means throw everything you have really fast because the fish have ate all the bait and you're late...
                      Both of them give some pretty solid advice. As Kenny had said, this next cold front or the one after should put them into a new pattern and make things a little easier. All you can really do in your situation is look for bait and throw something you have confidence in. Post front if you hit it right - tops are hot and locate fish very fast. I'd throw a top or a paddle tail (reeled quick has lots of vibration) around nervous bait to locate the fish first, then switch it up and throw what you need when you start getting slaps on your tops. Have you and a buddy throwing two different things top/paddle tail or top/gulp or top/spoon would be pretty beneficial...you were probably doing that but if not get both of you to throw something different...usually works. If the guy on top gets slaps get your buddy with the plastic to throw in right behind you in the same area and you should start picking up fish. I've personally been throwing any top in pearl or bone (pearl skitterwalk - fish are feeding on big white shrimp) and doing very well in your area. They wouldn't touch any top that didn't have some white in it.

GL
                      Last edited by ubermensch1324; November 2, 2011, 05:21 AM.
                      I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Damn good advice...
                        "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

a lot of guys at the boat ramp said there bust luck was in the bayou

Comment

Working...
                          X