Has this happended to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this happended to you?

Ok" fished Friday and Saturday, Friday 3 reds, did good had fun, Saturday this is where it started, me and my youngest son, drifting fishing an area, catching keeper reds, damn pot licker, dritfted right up on us, fired up and drove in between me and the bank, down the shore line where we were drifting, me and my son looked at each other in disbelief? Like Really!!!!!!!! I couldn't let this go, I threw my rod in the holder, pulled the troll motor up and be damn if I didn't go after the guy, so, nicely enough I decided to stop and get over it. I am fed up with this mess, I have fished Chocolate Bay all of my life, I have seen this once calm and quiet place now become a freaking highway! I am not trying to offend anyone, but please pass it along have some courtesey for all of your fellow anglers and stay away from each other, dont roll up on people.

Fishalot I could not agree more with your post .I can remember when Dad n I would fish in the seventies and every boat had binoculars not looking for birds but for bent rods 3 time Saturday my friend and I held our rods down while boats past .If I i knew it was a fellow westender i would call them over it wont ever stop Im glad you held your cool I always do now days it aint worth a fight .

Comment

Come on winter!I'm anti social!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

It seems like for every five fisherman that has a clue and practices coutesy on the water, there are one to two others out there that have no idea what is going on and ruining the quality of the surrounding areas for everyone.

Here is a couple I had to deal with this weekend:

Saturday - No Wake Zone. I am in a narrow, marked channel with No Wake Zone signs posted. This guy in a Bay Stealth is bulldozing his way through there creating 36" swells. We take a hit in our small skiff and water comes over the bow. I look back to holler and see the guys guy's two kids and wife looking like they know Daddy is a dip-chit. I bite my tongue.

Sunday - While drifting towards a Chocolate spoil, my partner and I see a boat coming in hot. I told my friend to watch and see what this dude does. Said dude does exactly the wrong thing. He turned towards the area between us and the spoil vs the vast area behind us. Not only is he about to burn through my drift, this dude bust a couple of figure eights right in front of the targeted spoil and then burns off. I gave my friend fishing with me a lesson on how not to be douchebag on the water.
        Last edited by buoy37; November 13, 2011, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. But this isn't a law It is common courtesy, and some people haven't been taught that.
          So I think explaining to someone that 'you shouldn't do that' is in order. If they respond unfavorably then you should have a 3/4oz. Johnson Sprite ready to whack Em in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyWayne View Post
            Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. But this isn't a law It is common courtesy, and some people haven't been taught that.
            So I think explaining to someone that 'you shouldn't do that' is in order. If they respond unfavorably then you should have a 3/4oz. Johnson Sprite ready to whack Em in the head.
            Not sure if you guys remember that post I made a while back on the guys that drove up on me and bubbas kenner. Well, since then I've stopped 2 people and told them the right way to do it. As long as you are calm and respectful you certainly should let people know if possible because a lot of these guys are not very smart and have zero common sense so they need to be taught and sometimes it takes one or two people standing up to them to figure it out.

The guy who pulled up on me and bubbas kenner pulled me and jhua over a few days ago and apologized. He will be the last guy that gets off without me saying anything but he ended up being a really nice guy and just was having a rough day. People f*** up and people make mistakes, I understand that. Some people are not educated and it's our job to educate these people to make for a better experience for the family's that go out fishing in their boats especially with women and children.

I'm a big boy and I can handle someone cutting me off but I feel a lot worse for the weekend warriors and the family's who don't get to go out as much as I do. Especially the kids. You can bet I'm saying something.
            I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

there was so few people out on Saturday, so that would make me mad too ....

My buddy jack and I where fishing a tournament and were down to our last 40 minuts and set up a drift in Chocolate.... this was about 6 yrs ago

About a hundred yards here come two guys in a 16' cc, that motor down wind and drop anchor ..... I scream out, "you dumb mother f'ckers!" ..... the guys pulls anchor and motors right up to us .... now one of these boys was not so small..... he was about 6'3" and a good 275, and looked like he worked in the oil field ....Jack was like, "dude, do not get in a fight beofre weigh-in" .... so they motor up to us and I look at him all pissed off and say, "are you going to let him talk to you like that" ...pointing at Jack .....

just becareful out there .... alot of yahoos on the water today... you never know who is packing ....

I fish areas with all the reefs ... if they cut off my drift they will find some shell real fast.
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Thats good to hear he apologized we must forgive to be forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                  "are you going to let him talk to you like that" ...pointing at Jack .....

just becareful out there .... alot of yahoos on the water today... you never know who is packing ....

I fish areas with all the reefs ... if they cut off my drift they will find some shell real fast.
                  thats funny muddskipper

Comment

I have done this several time... Jack leg cuts me off or blows by me, I pull up trolling motor and wait for them to get settled in on a drfit or drop anchor and open a beer, then I crank up the 175 vmax and buzz em at 45 mph and hopefully they are fishing with corks. I love cutting corks....

Probably not the right thing to do, but damn it feels good.

All of these stories reminds me why I fish during the week..

Good luck with the yahoos.

DB
                    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

be glad you fish and this happened in Choc Bay.

West Bay Crabber or Kenny wouldnt put up with all this big, braggadocio talk about handing out advice on boting habits to strangers for a minute.

Comment

Working...
                      X