chocolate sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate sunday

I hit the bay Sunday, but couldn't get anything going. So i headed up the bayou looking for a trout bite and struggled up there also. With the water level up i went to my old standby crankbait. It didn't take long before a red thumped it. Scratched out 6 reds in the next hour or so on the crankbait. But i really wanted to figure out the trout bite, tried several baits in several areas all in had was 1 more rat red and a nice flounder who quick released herself at the boat. I was getting close to the area were the castaway,bouy37,ctc floating 3 boat armada caught several fish last week. Started with the same bait that i had success on last week, a mirrodine twitch bait. After several cast i got a solid thump, but the fish quickly pulled off. I soon see a big swirl along a reed line. Wanting to get a cast that way i began reeling as fast as i could. Before i could get the bait in and recast a trout decided he wanted my plug and just crushed it. I then had a light bulb moment...they want the bait presented up in the water column and moving. I began twitching the bait very fast or just straight reeling it in, did the same thing with a small swimbait and steadily caught fish, mostly short fish, but i was nice to figure something out and end the day catching fish.
    castaway300

forgot some pics..for muddskipper.
    Attached Files

Comment

Glad you found some. Once the winter pattern locks in, you'll have one on every cast.

I can't wait until next Sunday. I plan on being stuck in the trees all day .

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Thanks for the pics ... and stop showing the world the secret lures ...
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
            Thanks for the pics ... and stop showing the world the secret lures ...
            LOL tell him MUDD!
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

WFG. I fished Sunday as well. I saw you out there, I believe.

Take care,

DB
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                Glad you found some. Once the winter pattern locks in, you'll have one on every cast.

I can't wait until next Sunday. I plan on being stuck in the trees all day .
                get out in the yard and practice...sidearm casting,roll casting and the pitch and flip.
                Im planning on a 4fish slam from the same body of water.

Comment

Way to stay after em! Thanks for the report!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report! Thanks.
                    You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Working...
                    X