Thursday chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday chocolate

Took off from 2004 about AM today, went looking for a good trout bite in the bay, i still cant find it. I managed a couple of small flounder and a short red drifting around long reef. After leaving the long reef area i headed to wards the humble cut area and saw a small marsh drain dumping water out, eased up to it and popped another short red fish. A few hundred yards away i notice several gulls just sitting on the water, so i set up to drift to them.
    On the first drift i scratch out several dink trout on plastic. I set up for a second drift, but instead of plastic i switch to a ultra shallow jerk bait, looking for a bigger bite. On the second drift i catch 5 trout, 3 of which are keepers.
    Then i headed up the bayou and quickly found a couple of good trout, but some boat traffic killed the bite.
    So i switched tactics and went crankbaiting for some reds. Picked up 3 short reds and a rat in about a hour, a fourth short red broke me off so i called it a day.
    castaway300
    Attached Files

Great report. At least you got to go.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

nice!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice little trip you had there.

Comment

Nice job man!

Comment

Nice job! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good fishing
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

As i was sitting down for our Thanksgiving meal i was thinking 'wonder how Chocolate is today?'...lol nice that you got out,i almost did,but the Sheriff wasn't having it.
                Kumala the Ugandan giant

Comment

Nice trip. Great job

Comment

Working...
                  X