Have respect for others...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have respect for others...

I find it amazing when you launch your boat ramp at (2004 bridge) or at (galveston bait and tackle) and how people are very disrespectful! I have a 15ft jon boat with a 15hp evinrude and it gets me from A TO B but what i do not understand is why other anglers that have much nicer rigs have to be so disrespectful? I get a good laugh out of my day when i see these guys that have talked alot of sh*t at the boat ramp that have little to no fish and my jon boat cooler is packed loaded with them!!!

But other than that please share your stories of boat ramp disrespect cases! Thank you west end anglers!

SLAMMIN-EM

Not again

Comment

For a change of pace, I'll give you a respect story instead of a disrespect one,

In October this year I was fishing out of Fort Anahuac park. I came back to the ramp after a long day of paddling with a limit of good reds. While I was at the cleaning table, I filleted the guacamole out of my left index finger. It was bleeding pretty bad and I felt like a fool for being careless. I got my first aid kit out and got the bleeding stopped but I still had 2 1/2 fish to clean. The guy on the other side of the table ( who I later found out was Dana Bailey ) asked if I was all right and then asked me if I wanted him to 'knock the sides off those reds'. I gratefully accepted and he did. He knocked them out and I shook his hand and thanked him, took my bloody finger home and got my wife ( nurse ) to stitch me up. That was a heck of a nice thing Dana did for me.

Sorry some morons were jamming on you at the boat ramp, don't let it get to you. Of course no one should care what kind of sled your pulling - heck, at least yours has a motor!

JYC
      Last edited by Jerkyourcroaker; December 27, 2011, 11:49 PM. Reason: Dangling participle.
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

I usually don't have problems at the ramp as I get there about 4 am on a cold windy day, I have the ramp all to myself.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

I hate people who back up their boat, then spend 5-10 minutes loading it!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            I hate people who back up their boat, then spend 5-10 minutes loading it!
            and leave there head lights on eerrggh.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbas kenner View Post
              and leave there head lights on eerrggh.
              I don't care about the headlights... Sunglasses
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

5-10 minutes-WTH-Takes me about 35 on a good day-someone must be on meth if theys can load in 5-10 minutes. Now looky here - I gotta load my beer and make sure they are in the proper amount of ice, plus load each rod individually so I don't clang/bang eyelets and maybe break one (my Zebco 808 aint farging cheap-took six months of trying to sell some WIC Cheese to buy it gaddernit!), plus get the dockline out, then secure it to a cleat, then get the other line out and secure it to a cleat, then figure I secured them to wrong side of boat and re-do docklines, then put plug in, then unhook lights on trailer, then stand there and think for 5 minutes what I left in truck cab, smoke a cig, load tortilla chips and salsa, then back down, unhook strap, try to start motor-darn battery cable is crusted with corrosion, so undo cable, sand it, reattach to battery, start boat, let idle for 5 minutes to make sure water pump is working, unstrap tie-downs, open up a beer, take 5 sips, through tie downs on ramp to pick up later. Tie boat off dock with 1 dockline and let boat swing out to block rest of ramp. Jump outta boat and throw tie-downs in truck-hey is that Stairway to Heaven playing on my radio? Listen to song, while playing air guitar. Pull truck outta ramp area and block three other parked trailers. Hop in boat and floor it, waking ramp area.

That's my normal routine and I cannot understand why other folks hurry or have their stuff prepped in boat before backing down ramp-seems to me loading should be done on ramp site itself-more efficient that way, plus kids and wife stay in truck until all is done-oh crap, left wife and 7 kids in truck, pull back to ramp, load kids one at a time and help 240# lovely wife in the 14' jonboat along with the 7 kids-boat is rated for 500 pounds and 4 people. I hate complainers-learn how to load in ramp area and how to block it so all others gotta wait. Same goes for those damn 10 Items or less grocery store lines-I just tell the clerk I dint pass 3rd grade and can't count to ten. Ya all can wait all day as far as I'm concerned-it's my ramp too-me and Darlene pays taxes ya know so shut up and wait dangit.
                Last edited by Robalo; December 28, 2011, 12:20 PM.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

You left me out dad ?
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

The only time I get fussy and disrespectful is when some jack wagon is blocking the boat ramp either when putting in or pulling the boat out. I don't get nasty. Just try to get my point across.

Comment

What bothers me is when someone launching by themselves and leaves there boat in the ramp tied up to go park there truck 1/4 mile away then walks to the bathroom , then comes and moved their boat to the dock. unload your boat , go tie it to the dock out of the way of the ramp and move your truck so the other people can launch,
                      I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Heck no Reefy-I gotta small bladder, so I's gotta go alot-maybe it's the 4 beers I finish while loading at the ramp. I wish they'd "Pull a Number" ticket dealies in at the ramp so you hot shots raring to go can just sit and waits. Plus I may be constipated and take a 30 minute dookie in that fine-azz porta potty-beats the helloutta my wooden one over the sheeet hole I dug over in Channelview-just be glad Darlene aint taken a #2-that sometimes takes 45 minutes (she has trouble reaching to wipe since she's so fat but I think that's HOT-she had her own website for awhile-"BBWD"-the "D" stood fer "Darlene"-I done came up with that-purdy dang cool I thinks), plus some folks think she bees selling catfish bait outta the porta potty-then when they get 10' from it, they realize their mistake-yeehaw, some run like a chicken that just bin behaided, but instead of blood gushing its their lunch or breakfast spewing.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                          I'll say it again "NO CAMPING WHILE RAMPING"
                          lol...great line

Comment

Just remember-YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID. So many dumazzes have no clue, never will and even if you do a Mickey (throw fish guts all over the offender's car), they still won't get it. Many times I try to help the clueless bastage and while doing so, mention that it helps to load the boat and check everything before pulling into the ramp-still at least half of those folks don't get the clue you just pounded into their pea-sized brain.

Comment

Robalo, you didn't mention that you forgot to put the plugs in and the boat filled up with water. Then you pull it out let drain and start all over again

Comment

Working...
                              X