No announcement yet.

2.12.12 -Puttin' Dawg on the Fish!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.12.12 -Puttin' Dawg on the Fish!!!!!

When I say "the fish", I mean THE only damn fish in the bayou.

Dawg and I fished from 7:30am to about 11:30am. We started in the windy bay and decided the protected bayou would be more to our liking. However, we found brown ditch water from the 2004 ramp on up the bayou as far as you wanted to go. I haven't seen Chocolate Bayou that dirty since before the drought. We figured that reds would be our best bet in that nasty swamp water. After trolling a few shorelines, Dawg had a fish on. He pulled up a slot red and I went home with the smell of skunk on me. As usual, I had a great time and can't wait until next Sunday rolls around so I can do some pre-tourney scouting.

Side note to Dawg, your slick man. I was surprised when I sat down to email you the pics. Thanks!!!!
    Attached Files

Way to Go!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Great job guys. Thanks for the report.
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Looks like chocolate earned the name chocolate today! Way to find something in bad water
        Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Originally posted by fathernson View Post
          Looks like chocolate earned the name chocolate today! Way to find something in bad water
          Heck yeah. Look at the water in the background. Nasty!!!

Comment

Thanks for the awesome trip Jason, always fun fishing with you. I know you tried hard to prove to me that there are no fish there, everytime I got a bump or we saw bait jump you moved us up further in the bayou until you found some really nasty looking water. I know what you were thinking, let's see if he can catch in this crap, well, I feel the slight tap & set the hook & feel a couple of head shakes thinking it might be a good trout but then they stopped, I felt the weight but this red was the first that I hooked that did not pull drag. Ok, so we moved further up to find protected water. Still had a good time regardless of the weather & glad I can feel my toes again.
            Today is a new day!!

Comment

You guys are troopers! It was freakin COLD today! I took the chance to get some things done around the house -- I'll be back at it next weekend though!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                You guys are troopers! It was freakin COLD today!!
                No sign of any Potlickers today, guess they don't like the cold.
                Today is a new day!!

Comment

Was there any water in the bay with this north wind?Glad sumebody got out.
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                    Was there any water in the bay with this north wind?Glad sumebody got out.
                    Yes....none of the spoils were exposed.

Comment

WTG !
                      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

LOL! You guys are troopers! Way to go find 'em!
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good job on the grind. Buoy with the goose egg, it happens. That is some chocolate water in those pics. I will be out there Tuesday afternoon if I get a chance.
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Darn Dawg nice red.Glad you went.Tks for the pic.I still owe you 10 dollars for that buffing wheel it also took my old hull tags off with ease.

Comment

Nice red. We were out Saturday and only caught a few undersized ones. We also had to stay in the bayou the bay was just too windy.

Comment

Working...
                              X